Need help? Call us: 0800887701

Vehicle Insurance

All Tourism and Travel vehicles include the Standard Insurance “Risk Taker”.  To reduce the liability excess, choose between three different insurances. All of them cover accidental damage to the motorhome, the vehicle is insured for vehicle damages, third party vehicle damages and third party property damage only. We encourage you to be adventurous, but not to be careless.

While our insurance covers most of the outside damages, we recommend you read our Terms and Conditions carefully, for any exclusions.

We have multiple liability reduction options for you to choose from depending on the liability you feel comfortable with.


Choose your Insurance

Euro Kingsleeper, Euro Sky, Euro 2+1, Euro 4, Budgy Twin, Budgy Familia 5, Budgy Familia 6, Heron Paradise
Bond/Excess: $5,000NZD
Bond/Excess: $2,000NZD
Bond/Excess: $0NZD
Price: $0NZD (daily rate)
Price: $25NZD (daily rate)
Price: $45NZD (daily rate)
Driver under 25
(extra $1,000NZD excess/bond)
Bond/Excess: $6,000NZD
Bond/Excess: $3,000NZD
Bond/Excess: $1,000NZD
Windscreen & Tyres Protection
 Not included
(Can be purchased for additional $7NZD per hire day)
 Not included
(Can be purchased for additional $7NZD per hire day)
(Includes: 1 front windshield, multiple windscreen chips and 2 tyres)

The amount frozen on your credit card is dependent on the insurance purchased, this is processed in the event of any incident. It would be released after travel is completed.


The liability excess applies to each claim, not rental. In addition to the standard excess above, the Driver Experience Excess $1000 applies, when the driver of the insured vehicle is under 25 years of age.


The customer must provide a valid credit card (Mastercard or Visa) to pay the Bond/Liability which is said amount of the excess, it will be debited to the customer’s credit card upon the day of the vehicle return.


If you breach the Terms and Conditions of your hire, you may null and void the applicable bond amount you have selected and be liable for the total cost of the damage and/or associated costs with the incident.


The Bond/Liability is fully refundable after the hire of the vehicle unless the vehicle shows damages from the hire. If the campervan is damaged, the customer is required to contribute to the cost of replacement or repair up to the liability access.


The Hirer agrees that the registered credit card will be charged to cover damages and incidental items. If there’s more than one incident in which the campervan is damaged, a separate liability applies for each incident. You can reduce the amount you need to contribute by choosing one of our liability reduction options.


We recommend personal travel insurance which usually covers other events like illness, travel cancellation, delays, or missed connections. These plans may also cover lost, stolen, or damaged personal items or documents sometimes even the liability of a rental vehicle. Please note we do not cover personal liability or lost, stolen, or damaged personal items in our insurance.

Looking for a campervan?